A report was released about the 2019 Hiring Outlook and the main topic of interest was employee experience. The main details being the 4 different ways that can be used to attract, engage and retain employees in your firm in the current competitive market.
In this article you will get insight into some of the factors that impact the employee engagement greatly and their general well-being. This is all with an aim to assist the employer to have an easy navigation through today’s market. There is a very competitive job market for employers, and the hiring outlook will offer some of the best recommendations that will improve the employee experience in terms of hiring and retaining them.
With so many professionals in the market, many are demanding more than just a higher number when it comes to salaries. Many professionals usually take their careers seriously and consider them as a very vital aspect of their lives. This is the main reason they want their jobs to provide meaning. If you carry out a research you will realise that top performers who don’t feel supported or engaged end up leaving the first. The 2019 Hiring Outlook is going to offer employers with the best tools they can use to create a culture that focuses more on creating a stronger employee experience.
The Main Findings of the Report
These are some of the findings of the report about 2019 Hiring Outlook:
- It is very hard to keep talent. – The report shows that retaining talent has become very difficult. It was found out that around 66% of professionals were planning to quit their current jobs for a long period of time. About 80% of them said that they had intentions of quitting their current jobs with an aim of looking for jobs that have better development opportunities. According to many, one of the most important aspects of a company’s culture is support from the management which is one of the major areas where employers fail. Some claimed that if another employer offered them a more flexible schedule in a different job offering they would quit.
- Focused tools that build a better employee experience. – Many professionals consider their careers as an important part of their lives and they all expect their jobs to have meaning. For their job to have some meaning, they have to feel engaged and supported at work by their employers.
- Offering better professional development. – It is very important for workplaces to make employee experience their main objective. It is said that engaged employees are more productive and happier. Apart from higher pay, it is important for employees to have jobs that have better benefits, work schedules that are flexible, career development opportunities, and work that is meaningful. It is also important to give employees support especially those who want to take leadership roles.
- Managers have an important role to play. – When it comes to employee engagement, managers have a very important role to play. It is actually one of the most important aspects of company culture and it serves a long way in terms of hiring and retaining employees.
- The importance of work-life balance. – It was discovered that employers are failing short on terms of work-life balance. 45% of the professionals don’t feel like their employers are in support of a healthy work-life balance. 71% of them said if they weren’t offered a more flexible scheduling they would quit their jobs.
Money remains as a top priority and motivator for job seekers but it is not the only thing that people want out of their jobs. It is very important for them to keep rises to better opportunities so you have to offer them greater opportunities so that you can remain competitive in the market.